Discover Your Genius Within program for students
Vision – our passion is to unleash the potential in young people, particularly those from challenged backgrounds. We’ve found that everyone has the potential to be a genius and our purpose is to help students connect with their uniqueness and innate abilities to trust their gut instincts and intuition. Empowering their Genius.
“All children are born geniuses. 9,999 out of every 10,000 are swiftly, inadvertently degeniused by grown-ups”. Buckminster Fuller
Our personal development program empowers young people to create self-esteem, emotional resilience, self-responsibility, life and pro-social skills. Students realise they can trust themselves and don’t need anyone else to take responsibility for them – they have all they need inside. They are then in their most resourceful/powerful state and can drive through anything.
We deliver our program to groups or you can get FREE access to our material if you undertake our Teacher Personal Development online program, in this way you will engage, connect and deliver more powerful learning.
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Create emotional resilience and personal empowerment
- Improve engagement, attainment and achievement
- Take responsibility for themselves
Learning Outcomes – by the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Focus on their successes
- Realise there’s a choice in what they do
- Manage their feelings and emotions
- Able to control their lives
- Support their peers
Sessions – each of the 8 sessions accommodating up to 12 students is an interactive life coaching session where each individual student gets what they need.
Core course content:
- Reactive behaviours – how students can get off the hamster wheel and manage themselves.
- Power of Thought – when students change their thoughts, feelings and emotions they can create a different reality and growth mind-set.
- Success diary – when students focus on their successes more of them will appear in their life.
- Levels of Listening / Connection – students will understand the power and sensitivity of energy and how it impacts on their life.
- GROW model – a goal setting process to facilitate the students ability to step out of their comfort zone.
- Create a Resourceful State – by practicing these techniques students will be able to re-create their most resourceful state at will.
- Sustainability – students measure their progress and create their own sustainability strategy.
- Responsibility – students will realise they can trust themselves and don’t need anyone else to take responsibility for their life – they have all they need inside.
Progression – it would be possible with a little more training and practice to create some Peer Coaches from those students who show an aptitude and interest for the approach and role, if required.
Background of the program including a review from Spires Academy
Canterbury Christ Church University Evaluation of our core program
Our innovative personal development program uses advanced coaching, emotional literacy and mindfulness techniques, underpinned by Neuroscience to create personal empowerment. It has been tested in the harshest of environments with parents/carers from Troubled Families. Here is an extract from the 2 year evaluation by Canterbury Christ Church University, whilst we only worked with the parents this was the impact on their children.
“At the most profound level, children have learnt to coach their parents and siblings, to step back from conflicting situations and to employ relaxation techniques both regularly and to calm themselves down in times of stress and conflict. They have helped parents to set goals for the family and for themselves to improve their lives. Perhaps most powerfully of all, children have applied these approaches on their own in new environments without the direct support of the parents who taught them, for example when visiting a father or grandparent. The evidence gives a strong message that as a society we are underestimating children. When listened to, understood and empowered, they need not be passive recipients of ‘behaviour training’ but can contribute to loving, caring and the building of positive relationships in their own families and communities.”
- 08 Mar 2017Social skills – are our children doomed?
- 24 Dec 2016My best video of 2016
- 31 Oct 2016Teaching award winner uses coaching to turn a school around
Search this site
Contact Details – UK
- 36 Church Street, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1EN
Contact Details – USA
- 9620 Evans Street Philadelphia PA 19115