Develop Your Child CIC
Established in 2002 Develop Your Child CIC is a Community Interest Company, a social enterprise, which uses any profit to invest in it’s social objects:
- The Company’s object is to carry on activities which benefit the community and in particular (without limitation) to:
- Advance the education of the public through training, support and development of self empowerment.
- Promote and improve for the public benefit the economic and/or social well-being of people living and working in areas where the Company operates.
- Empower and inspire disadvantaged people in society and enhance their opportunities to participate in training, employment and society in general.
- Promote a respectful and trusting parent/child/teacher relationship throughout their education.
- Promote community integration in the areas where the company works.
- Undertake trading activity in pursuit of the objects of the company or to provide income from such trade for development and investment in the objects of the company.
And an excerpt from our CIC 36
The company’s activities aim to help overcome a growing national crisis relating to children from disadvantaged families who are the most at-risk group.
To the detriment of the ‘whole person’, education in schools focusses on academic achievement. Children from disadvantaged families are the least prepared for apprenticeships, employment and life.
As the 4th Industrial Revolution and Artificial Intelligence begins to handle all repetitive jobs, we must act now to empower children with life skills, personal development and self-realisation to avoid a national social disaster.
If you would like to know the back story it’s here.