Parents do the most important job in the world.
- Since 2010 services to support disadvantaged families have diminished and in some cases disappeared completely, creating communities and a society at risk, particularly in areas of deprivation.
- The Brexit debacle froze the Government for 3 years and there’s still no end in sight.
- It also posed the question “can we trust politicians?” which creates a volatile and uncertain future.
- In addition there’s the growing fear how Artificial Intelligence and robotics will affect our lives.
One thing is certain families will need new skills; to be personally empowered and motivated to grow and prosper in these fast changing times.
Join our community of empowered parents
We cannot rely on anyone else to help us and so we must take the bull by the horns; empower ourselves to become independent. The purpose of this Personal Power for Parents – pilot project is to create a community of empowered parents to support each other.
Our unique programme has been evidenced over 2 years by Canterbury Christ Church University; it’s a powerful combination of:
- Tailored mindfulness to calm your mind and experience living in the moment.
- Personal life coaching to empower you to step out of your comfort zone, identify and achieve your goals.
- Emotional literacy techniques to understand how thoughts, feelings, emotions and actions can be managed.
It’s not about how to be a better parent although that will happen naturally. It’s about how you feel about yourself and the impact of your emotional state and energy impact on your relationships and connections, particularly your children.
Every parent knows when they feel happy everything flows and when they don’t there can be chaos. Why not choose to be happy?
Children tend to take responsibility for an adults emotional state but they don’t have the emotional or communication confidence to explain. So they press a hot button to get attention, which usually ends up in a downward spiral of negative reactions and behaviours.
Some feedback from parents:
- Children have learnt to coach their parents and siblings, just by mirroring you.
- Children have helped parents to set goals for the whole family and for themselves.
- Children have learnt to step back from conflicting situations and to use our relaxation techniques to calm down and improve their behaviour.
- Children have applied the techniques to other areas of their lives without prompting, for example in their relationships with others, when visiting extended family members and at school.
Would you like to change your children’s reactions and attitude towards you?
Initially we will deliver our unique personal development online course to individual parents, with email support after each of the 8 modules for ONLY £1 each, plus £2 contribution towards administration, total outlay ONLY £10.
After completing the course you’ll be on the same page as others and we will then work in groups of 12. We want to embed your learning and reinforce your sustainability by taking you to the next level of training. We are exploring the best way to achieve this and want you to be part of the design process, we are open to your ideas.
They’re maybe some parents, coaches, teachers who would like to go on to support parents in face-to-face situations, particularly in schools where our work is more effective.
Just fill in this form to join our community and transform your relationships with deeper connections to your children and those around you?